Teach English in Japan
START DATE: May, 2013
SALARY: Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
Freinds English School has an opening for a DYNAMIC English Teacher who relishes the rare opportunity of not only teaching, but also running and helping to build up a small, homey English school.
Located in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture, Freinds English School is part of the Active English Academy group. Active first opened its doors in 1992 and has been serving the communities of 5 cities where our schools are located for the past 21 years.
Our staff teaches at public kindergartens, elementary schools, junior high schools, a prefectural college in addition to our own in-house English language students. Active also runs an international kindergarten in Morioka.
About the Position:
1. Commences May 2013
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~30 / week
3. Teaching children to adults. Ample opportunities to also learn from a variety of age
groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Some administrative and PR work
1. Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. Completion bonus upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract
3. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
4. Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid
by the school
5. Visa sponsorship
6. Caring bosses, good school family.
7. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
1. University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2. Native English speakers only.
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic and confident with a great sense of humor.
5. Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity,
responsible and have great communication skills
6. Must have high level of relatability to children and enjoy the challenge of teaching children
& adults in a variety of settings
7. Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of
Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy! Passionate
about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting Wholesome, Solid
values to students.
8. Must be understanding and enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
Please include your
(1) cover letter
(2) updated resume
(3) university degree and transcripts
(4) photo (taken in the last 6 months)
*Send in installments if undeliverable as a single email.