Teach English in Oman
START DATE: 1st February 2013
SALARY: Tax free salary 950 Riyal Omani per month
Sur University College requires 4 Native EFL teachers to start work on 1st February 2013, qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
Sur University College (SUC) was established in 2001 in Sur city the capital of the eastern region of the Sultanate of Oman. The College obtained an approval form the Ministry of Higher Education in Oman and run under the supervision of the Ministry. SUC is affiliated to Bond University in Australia and the academic curriculum is developed by the same university. Students must enroll in a Foundation Program to improve their English language, IT, and Math’s skills before undertaking any of the undergraduate programs in the College. The college recently shifted to it permanent state-of-the-art university campus in SUR.
normally, working hours will be 40 hours per week (Saturday to Wednesday), of which, teaching hours will not exceed 21 hours per week. Thursday & Friday are none working days.
SUC offer the following package:
1. Tax free salary 950 Riyal Omani per month.
2. You will be provided with free suitable air-conditioned furnished accommodation on campus. (None-sharing).
3. The College will also settle monthly up to 30 Omani Riyal of the cost of utilities (Electricity/Water) on production of bills.
4. You can choose between One or Two year’s contracts, renewable on mutual agreement.
5. Forty Five (45) calendar days paid leave per completed year of service.
6. You will be provided with free medical services as specified in the College Medical Scheme, within the Sultanate of Oman. However, you will be responsible for dental, optical and maternity expenses.
7. You will be provided by one way economy class air passages from the country of origin to Muscat to take up duties and from Muscat to the country of origin upon completion of the contract. Upon renewal of this contract you will be provided with return passage for the purposes of taking your annual leave and joining the new contract. If you wish to en-cash your return passage, the College will reimburse you 75% of the value of the passage in cash. Un-matured utilisation of the return ticket passage should be reimbursed by the Second Party in case of non-renewal or termination of the contract.
9. End of service gratuity as per the Omani labor law.
Candidates wishing to apply for the EFL teaching positions in SUC must meet the following requirements:
1.Must be at least a holder of Bachelor Degree in English Language or related subject in humanities.
2. Must have English language teaching qualifications (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc).
3. Must have at least 3 years teaching experience for adults or at tertiary level.
4. Must be a Native speaker.
Detailed contract will be sent to the successful candidates.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org