START DATE: September 2012
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and relevant degree/certification
-Free housing at the school itself.
-Initial visa paid for by the school and visa renewals (cost of visa, transportation to/from Bangkok, and one night in a hotel) also paid for by the school.
-A professional environment where you can continue to improve as a teacher, and an administration whose goal is to support you and to help you to succeed.
-A brand new school with 50 classrooms, A/C in classrooms and in living quarters, SmartBoards for the classes, a separate gym, a separate cafeteria, and a large sports field in the back of the school which, within a year, will house a swimming pool and a soccer field.
1. Native English Speaker preferred, but we will consider fluent non-native English speakers with exceptional qualifications and experience.
2. University degree in education preferred, but we will consider other majors if the candidate has sufficient experience and excellent references.
3. Regular teaching certificate preferred, but we will consider those with TESL or TEFL certificates (120-hour courses).
4. Must be living in the region and/or must be able to arrive in Mandalay by, or before, September 26 in order to prepare for the start of classes on October 1. All positions are 5-month contracts which cover the period October 1 to February 28.
5. Must be willing to live in shared housing (3 teachers per apartment, each with a private bedroom and a shared living room and kitchen). Couples are encouraged to apply, but both persons must meet the minimum qualifications outlined here, and both must teach at the school. We regret that we do not at this time allow couples with children; our housing is strictly limited to adults.
6. Since this is an American school, our preference is for American educators who are familiar with public school curricula in the United States. We do, however, have an international teaching staff and will consider highly qualified teachers from other countries.
In general, we are looking for professional teachers – teachers who know how to prepare lessons, how to follow an established curriculum, how to dress professionally, how to manage a classroom, how to communicate professionally, and how to work effectively with student, parents, coworkers, and administrators.