January to April 2012.
2.0-2.5 million won
GMSC is a premier recruiting agency for English programs all over South Korea with recruiting offices in North America and head offices in Busan and Seoul. GMSC has been around for over 11 years which is considered really remarkable and has played an integral part in the growth of the English industry in Korea. We are proud to be able to place teachers with only the most reputable private academies and public schools. We negotiate the highest pay possible for you and find you the best in accommodations which includes nice free apartment housing and free airfare.
We would like to offer you a public school job in GOE (Gyungsangnamdo School Board) starting from January to April 2012.
Area Student level Start date
Changwon Elem-Middle January / March 2012
Goseong Elem. January 1, 2012
Haman Elem. January 1, 2012
Geochang Elem-Middle March 1 / April 1, 2012
Namhae Elem-Middle March 1, 2012
Yangsan Elem-Middle Feb 1 / March 1, 2012
Miryang Elem-Middle March 1, 2012
Geoje Elem-Middle March 1 & 15, 2012
Sacheon Elem. March 1, 2012
Hamyang Elem-Middle Feb 1 / March 1, 2012
Sancheong Middle March 1, 2012
Changnyeong Middle March 1, 2012
Hadong Middle March 1, 2012
Jinju Elem-Middle March 1 & 15, 2012
Here is the brief job description. All location have the same job description.
job# (Public School)
1. School address? Gyeongsangnam-do province (Please note that the school board will release jobs when time gets closer to September, and applicants who have submitted application forms will be prioritized for their jobs. So, if you want to be considered in one of the best spots such as Changwon, Tongpyoung, Jinju, and urban settings, I strongly recommend you to submit your application with your resume/photo/degree/passport by email).
2. Available? January/Feb/March/April
3. Numbers of foreign teachers at school? 1
4. Student age? elementary or middle school (You will also indicate in the application form, and the school board will do their best to match your desired student ages)
5. Class size? about 35 (elementary), about 40 (middle school), and about 45 (high school)
6. Teaching hours (class schedules please)? you will teach only 22 classes per week
between 8:40am to 4:40pm (M to F)
7. Overtime? 20,000won per class (between 8:40am to 4:40pm)
8. Saturday class? no
9. Description of accommodation? single studio
10. Distance between accommodation and the school? 10~20min from school on foot / or 20 to 30 min. bus ride if there is no decent housing is available near the school.
11. Salary range? Your salary will be paid in accordance with their pay scale
(please read the pay scale page attached at the last page of the contract)
12. Health insurance coverage? yes-50%
13. National pension coverage? yes-50%
14. Round trip air ticket? Entrance allowance + Exit Allowance : in total, you will be paid 2.6 million won + settlement allowance : 300,000 won.
15. Vacation? 4weeks (summer-2weeks & winter-2weeks), and one more week if the position is in a rural
16. Other info? If the position is in a rural setting, they pay 100,000 won more as a rural area incentive. If you teach at more than one school (for example, if you teach with school A on Monday, school B on Tuesday and so on, you will be paid more.
**The basic qualification to be accepted into the program, you need to be healthy, clean back ground check, and very enthusiastic about teaching, and of course you need to have a bachelors degree, TEFL/TESOL Certificate and as a native English speaker from an English speaking countries (UK, USA, CA, AU, NZ, and SA).
Please send your resume and photo. GOE Application forms and contract will be emailed to you.
Thank you and we’ll be glad to hear from you soon!