Teach English in Thailand
CITY: Surat Thani
START DATE: 2 teachers to start November 15, 2012 and 1 teacher to start December 1, 2012 for one year contracts.
SALARY: 24,500 Baht per month
• Upon completion of a one-year contract, teachers will receive a Completion Bonus of 10,000 Baht and will be eligible for a 14,500 Baht Performance Bonus.
• Housing = 2,500 or shared accommodations provided.
• Completion Bonus = 10,000
• Performance Bonus = 14,500
• Work permit and necessary visas will be arranged by Mathus.
• Free shared accommodation or a housing allowance of 2,500 Baht per month
• 5 day work week with 2 consecutive days off
• No more than 22 teaching hours per week
• 24 paid vacation days (scheduled by the school, usually following our summer camps in October and April)
• SmartCare Executive health insurance from AXA Insurance (Inpatient & Outpatient)
• Comprehensive training including observations of other teachers
• Free wireless Internet during school’s hours of operation
• Competitive raises and potential for promotions after the first year
• NOTE: Mathus does not provide airfare for teachers. The bonus system is set up to assist with travel arrangements at the end of the contract.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required to obtain a work permit (Teachers must possess original degree, transcripts and a letter of verification upon being hired in order to obtain a Work Permit.)
2. Applicant must be a native speaker of English.
3. Applicant must be enthusiastic about children or have experience working with them.
4. Applicant must be eligible for a non-immigrant B Visa for Thailand.
5. TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certification is a plus.