Teachers of English as a Foreign Language Needed in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China

Teach English Abroad

Teach English in China

CITY: Shenyang
SALARY: 6000 RMB pcm

STC are seeking to recruit Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) to work in a school based in Shenyang which is in the Liaoning Province, North East China.

We have a number of opportunities to teach across all Key Stages.

Salary and Benefits
• Salary: 6000 RMB pcm
• Accommodation is provided
• Commercial medical insurance will be provided
• Flights will be paid for
• Working visa, foreign expert visa and full year residence permit to be organised/sponsored by the school

This is a fantastic opportunity to experience life working abroad, in a beautiful part of the world.

Successful candidates should hold a recognised certificate, i.e. TEFL/CELTA/TESOL etc. and will have had some experience within a teaching environment.

Candidates need to be native speaking English teachers, i.e. from the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. A high proficiency in spoken and written English is essential.

Candidates should be open minded, have an outgoing personality, the ability to motivate others and possess a spirit of adventure.

If you are interested in this position, please send your CV, quoting “ESL China” in the subject heading, to Stephen at [email protected]

Teach English in China (General Information)

China is a fantastic clash of modernity and tradition. Endless modern glass skyscrapers line the streets, while a few steps away you can find fishmongers gutting fish in the streets. With hundreds of new English schools popping up around the country, China currently offers the most abundant opportunities for English teachers around the world. …  Read More

Teach English in China (Cost of Living)

Teaching English in China can be a fantastic experience, even for those who are traveling to teach for the first time. The cost of living in China is inexpensive. Monthly salaries of teachers in China vary, depending on experience, teaching hours and employer size, etc. Most jobs expect about 15-25 teaching hours per week. Additional time spent for preparation of materials and lesson-planning does not count as teaching hours. …  Read More

Teach English in China (Visa Requirements)

For a teacher to legally teach in China, you need a “Z” visa (for contracts of a year or more) or an “F” visa (for contracts of less than 6 months), and a Residence Permit.

The first thing that you should do is find an employer. They are responsible for obtaining a Foreign Experts Invitation Confirmation from the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs on your behalf.. This certificate is necessary to prove that the foreign teacher coming to China is in the field of work for which he/she is applying. Once approved, your employer sends the certificate (original copy) to the foreign teacher. Then, the foreign teacher is required to visit the nearest Chinese embassy and present the certification and the invitation letter (from host school) to obtain  “Z” visa. …  Read More

Interviews with English Teachers in China

Interview with Kelly Sandor, teaching English in China
Interview with Roger Jones, teaching English in China
Interview with Gordie Rogers, teaching English in China