Teach English in Indonesia
Compensation and Development Programs:
1. Competitive Salary
TBI teachers are very competitive and afford teachers a good standard of living. Salaries are generally higher than that of our local competitors and overtime are generous.
2. End of contract bonus
Upon completing a 12 month contract, teachers at TBI receive a USD end of contract bonus.
3. Airfare contribution
Teachers at TBI also receive a generous USD airfare contribution in each contract.
4. Re-signing contract bonus
Any teacher signing an additional contract with TBI will receive a USD re-signing bonus.
5. Accommodation support
TBI provides accommodation for newly arrived teachers and assistance in finding permanent accommodation after the initial setting in period.
6. Settling in loan
All foreign teachers have the option of taking a settling in loan upon joining TBI and signing a 12 month contract.
7. Generous holiday entitlements
TBI provides a very generous holiday entitlement and this allows teachers plenty of time to holiday and explore different parts of Indonesia and South East Asia. Teachers are given 20 flexible days of annua leave plus 2 additional weeks off that must be taken at the time of the Christmas and Eid school closure weeks. Indonesia also has up to 13 public holidays each year and teachers receive full pay on these days.
8. IELTS™ Examiner Training
TBI also works with the British Council and many of our schools are registered centers and test venues for the official IELTS™ test. Suitably qualified TBI teachers are encouraged to become official IELTS™ examiners and all training is fully sponsored by TBI.
9. On-going development
Teachers are continually encouraged to develop throughout their time with TBI. This involves bein placed in our Professional Teaching Standards System and on-going development also includes attending internal and external training workshops.
10. Support and sponsorship for further study
Teachers without a CELTA or equivalent qualification who meet Indonesian education department requirements may be considered for contracts that include the CELTA course.
Sponsorship on CELTA Young Learner extension (YL) and DELTA is also regularly offered to committed TBI teachers and TBI schools actively facilitate teachers joining these programmes.
• Native speaker and citizen from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and UK only
• 25- 57 years old (Indonesian government requirement)
• Teaching experience in the EFL industry is preferred
Note: Newly qualified applicants may also apply
• CELTA or equivalent preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree in an English discipline i.e. English Literature, English Linguistics or a Master in TESOL
• Transcripts of degrees
• Original education certificates and transcripts are required
• Meets Indonesian government health requirements for foreign teachers
• A positive attitude about teaching and an interest in development
• Adaptable personality to cultural difference in South East Asia
• A willingness to integrate as part of a team
• High level of computer literacy
cover letter and CV details and send to email@example.com