START DATE: August, 2016
SALARY: Competitive salary
Yaroslavl is a modern city and the administrative center of Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia, one of the eight cities of Russia’s Golden Ring, a group of tourist, historic towns around Moscow. Yaroslavl is the largest industrial city in its chain.
The population of the city is about 600 000. There are all kinds of facilities for comfortable lifestyle: sport and yoga centers, big shopping malls, theatres, the most famous of which is the ‘Volkov Theater’, Russia’s first theatre, a zoo, a circus.
The most popular aspect of tourism in Yaroslavl is cultural and educational tourism. The first thing you should see in the city is its centre. It is a whole architectural ensemble consisting of buildings of the 17-18th centuries and modern structures. Yaroslavl has its own Arbat (pedestrian street) which is Kirova Street, housing numerous shops and cafés. Kirova Street leads towards the Volga River embankment which is another place of interest in Yaroslavl. There are around ten modern multiplex movie theaters in the city. If you are fond of music you should visit the Yaroslavl Philharmonia or Jazz Centre and enjoy yourself. There are some beautiful places located in the city suburbs.
You can get to Moscow city center by train in 3 hours and Saint- Petersburg in 12 hours. Yaroslavl has great infrastructure: two railway stations, a river port and an airport. If you wish to travel around Russia and learn more about modern customs and traditions, Yaroslavl is an ideal place to work and study.
• Planning and delivering English lessons to both adults and children, in both one-on-one sessions and group workshops of up to 12 students.
• Evaluating student progress
• Flexible working hours (24 hours a week)
Qualifications and requirements
• A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
• Open-mindedness and flexibility
• Native English teacher
• Internationally-recognized teaching certificate (TEFL, CELTA, DELTA or equivalents).
• Experience with children and teenagers is preferred.
• Basic level of spoken Russian is a plus
• The post is available from august 2016.
If you believe this role would be ideal for you, send your CV or covering letter. Still have questions? We are happy to answer them all: email@example.com.