Teach English in Cambodia
START DATE: January, 2014
SALARY: Starting salary of between $1500 a month based on experience and skill.
An Enthusiastic, Qualified Teacher Who Enjoys Working with Young Children is needed in Early August for a full-time teaching Position in Sihanoukville
Idea Source School based in Sihanoukville, Cambodia is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced primary school teacher to work full time with us beginning in January, 2014. The initial contract will be for 12 months but can be extended further upon successful completion. We are looking for an individual who has a strong desire to teach, has a deep interest in the problems of teaching international education in a foreign context and who feels satisfaction helping young students reach their goals.
The hired teacher will work teaching young (Grade 1, 2 or 3; 6 – 9 yrs old ) Cambodian, mixed race and international children. People are now flocking to Sihanoukville from as far flung away as the Canary Islands, Ukraine, Peru and Denmark. The teacher hired will work 5 days a week for a total of 40 working hours per week. There is a maximum of 29 classroom-teaching hours and the rest of the time is for office work and lesson planning. Class size is a maximum of 15 students, and you will have the support of two assistant teachers. This is so you can focus on the needs of individual learners. The teacher hired must also be able to participate in and help plan the various yearly events (such as, Christmas presentation, English summer camp, field trips and international parties).
We would invite creative, imaginative, flexible, qualified and experienced elementary, primary and early years teachers who can expect international rates of pay.
The teachers’ main role is to plan lessons and develop schemes of work which show sympathy with the learning outcomes – documented in the curriculum – and, moreover, with the learned and natural abilities of individual students.
Pay and benefits
-2 weeks of paid vacation (14 days plus the connected weekends) + all Cambodian public holiday. Cambodia enjoys the most public holidays in the world!
-Visa sponsorship available
– Idea Source will help to find an apartment for the hired teachers and will pay part of the key money.
• A native English speaker. English must be your first and primary language.
• Bachelor degree in Education from a reputable college or university, preferably with licence where appropriate.
• Experience teaching and working according to curriculum guidelines.
• Have the desire to live and work in Cambodia for at least a year.
• Professional, responsible attitude for work
• A friendly, outgoing attitude for students and colleagues, open to sharing and participating with the object of learning
• Have flexibility to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
• Must enjoy working with small children
• Will need to act, sing, dance, paint and make fun English games and activities
• Priority will be given to applicants with TESOL/CELTA/TEFL or ESL certification and/or experience teaching children
• Also we hope for teachers who have some background in performance
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ideasourceschool [please ‘like’ us]
If you are interested in working for Idea Source School please send us:
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter outlining your teaching philosophy.
3. Two recent photos of yourself (a shot of your face and a full length shot with you dressed in business attire).
Optionally you may send us any other photos, videos, letter of recommendation or documents that let us know what kind of person/teacher you are.
Please send a resume to: [email protected]