Teach English in Myanmar
START DATE: June 2014
We offer an 11 month Employment agreement but are very focussed on giving our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are prepared to commit to a 2 consecutive agreements.
• Our salary year is from 1st June to 30th April
• Our teacher-working year runs from early June through to 10th April.
• For those that complete an 11-month contract and are offered and accept a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May. (Paid pro rata for those that start after 1st June)
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from either Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation for single people.
Please note there are no mixed couple accommodations available
• US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own accommodation.
• Free basic maid and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Complimentary Myanmar language classes.
• Basic simple medical cover.
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are performance based advancement opportunities.
US$1500-US$1800 depending on qualifications and experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary in their own country.
Candidates who would like to work at Brainworks – Total Group of Schools must possess the following qualifications:
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with a neutral accent.
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least one full year practical leading and teaching classroom experience or one year’s practicum as a student teacher in a qualified teacher certification program.
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
How to Apply:
Send email applications to [email protected]
1. A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the following documentation.
3. A copy of your passport
4. 3 Letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
6. Any other relevant documents