Teach English in Iraq
SALARY: $3,500 USD per month ($42,000 USD per annum)
Training is in either our Basra training centre or on-site at our clients’ premises in the Basra region (for example in the North Rumaila, Majnoon, Zubair). Training is delivered to adult employees in the Oil and Gas industry using general, business or technical English course materials following international ELT course books.
The working week is Sunday to Thursday for 8 hours per day and includes planning and delivery of lessons (up to 6 hours per day) and the required administrative and clerical tasks (for example report writing, testing etc.) Occasional weekend attendance is required to allow additional training and support to be provided by our ex-pat team.
Based on qualifications, experience and English language level a package up to:
Salary – $3,500 USD per month ($42,000 USD per annum)
Holiday – 25 days paid vacation per annum
Support provided for internationally based Iraqi English teachers to return to Iraq.
Applicants must be Iraqi nationals and ideally should have the following:
– English language degree and / or an English Language Teaching qualification (e.g. MA, CELTA.) Overseas qualifications are desirable.
– 5 years’ relevant experience of teaching English in a technical or business environment to adults
– Have all required valid Iraqi ID or able to obtain it before taking up post
– Minimum of CEFR C1 Level of English
– Adult Teaching Experience
– Experience of using international course books an advantage
please send a Word version of your CV, a covering letter and scans of your supporting documents (passport / degrees / teaching certificates) to Simon Macartney, Operations Manager, Luminus Language Solutions at email@example.com
Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial skype interview. Local candidates will also meet our local coordinator at our Basra training centre to provide a demonstration lesson. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.