Teach English in Yemen
Summary of Responsibilities
• Teach English courses following established YCMES guidelines and using acceptable communicative language teaching strategies and methodologies.
• Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to optimal learning.
• Monitor, assess and evaluate student work and progress.
• Participant in teacher training workshops and other developmental activities designed to enhance the quality of teaching and participate in the delivery of such training.
• Prepare reports and lesson plans, supplemental materials and activities and quizzes as required.
• Maintain an up-to-date record of lesson plans, student attendance and grade records in accordance with YCMES procedures.
• Contribute to curriculum and test development activities.
• Assist in administrative duties related to the effective operation of a language institute.
• As a native speaker, serve as a resource on the English language and culture to trainees and staff members who are not familiar with native-English culture.
• Competitive package includes monthly tax-free salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
• Furnished housing accommodation with main utilities, ie electricity, water & gas, and internet, etc. paid for by YCMES. Staff housing features single bedrooms and a communal kitchen.
• Use of other YCMES services, ie wireless internet service, 24 hour security at all college facilities (including housing), in-house gym and laundry.
• Round-trip plane ticket to Yemen reimbursed upon successful contract completion.
• All visas (entry, residency and exit) will be paid for by YCMES.
• Free Arabic language courses.
• Cultural activities and free field trips to historical sites in Yemen.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
• Native English speaker.
• Degree with CELTA (or equivalent) preferred for General English but required for Business English.
• Previous EFL/ESL teaching experience desired for General English but required for Business English.
• Flexibility to work in a diverse and multicultural work environment.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and computer usage.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]