Teach English in Egypt
START DATE: September 2014
We are seeking to recruit 2 trainers to work in schools and 1 trainer to work in the TTC.
The posts will be for a fixed term of 10 months – with trainers required to be available from late August / early September 2014 to end June 2015.
The training will achieve:
• a student-centred approach to classroom teaching;
• improved English language skills of participating teachers;
• improved design and delivery of training courses in the TTC and local schools;
• production of a set of appropriate materials to support future training courses based on the Egyptian teaching context.
Training is likely to focus initially on Kindergarten (KG) and Lower Primary teachers. The Trainers will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of training sessions in the designated workplace to meet the needs of the various stakeholders.
• Native English-speaker.
• University degree.
• EFL/ESL teaching qualification (preferably DELTA).
• Coaching/training/mentoring qualification.
• Minimum 5 years EFL teaching experience, working with both young learners and adults
• Teacher training and trainer training, especially EFL/ESL methodology
• Teaching large mixed ability classes in a developing country
• Kindergarten/Lower Primary teaching experience.
• Experience of working in a Ministry of Education/government school setting.
• Middle East/North Africa experience.
• Cultural sensitivity.
• Evidence of ability to provide differentiation in: English language teaching; planning; materials production; and within training sessions.
• Information Technology skills.
The closing date for this role is Friday 30th May 2014, and we will be in touch on or after this date after reviewing all applications.
For further information and to apply, please visit http://careers.cfbt.com/
Interested candidates should submit their CV, a supporting statement and a sample training plan to address the following task:
Task: Plan a 90-minute teacher training session on an aspect of teaching one of the four skills at KG/Young Learner level.
Context: English teachers working with large, mixed ability classes and with access to few resources.
The plan should clearly detail the:
• objectives of the session;
• grade levels (eg. KG, grades 1-2, 5-6 etc);
• input from the trainer (eg training activities);
• output from the participants (eg what they are expected to do during the session).
Email – [email protected]