COUNTRY: Costa Rica
START DATE: 10/01/2017
Volunteer position for an EFL Coordinator to start in July 2017.
• Promote & advertise EFL course and its registration period throughout the local area.
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of registration process, including developing entrance exams to determine appropriate levels for registrants.
• Keep track of tuition payments and follow-up with students who fall behind in payment schedule
• Create appropriate schedule of classes based on student demand.
• Teach multiple levels of English classes to adults and youth, mostly in the evening because of demand.
• Assist in the EFL for kids program development, at the moment in pilot phase
• Participate in community outreach and development.
• Participate in maintenance and upkeep of Center.
• Assist with administration needs including rotating reception duty
• Assist in weekly chores which include cooking lunch and all cleaning and maintenance needs of the Center
• Write monthly report about program outcomes and challenges
Volunteer position for an EFL Coordinator to start in July 2013.
• Native English Speaker
• Intermediate level of Spanish
• TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certification
• A strong passion for working in community outreach and development, and conservation
• Experience teaching EFL/ESL and creating lesson plans
• Experience teaching adults and children
• Experience with classroom management
• Motivation and self-starting initiative
• Willing to work evenings Mon. through Thur. 5:00 – 8:30pm (youth and adults), or Saturdays 9am-12pm (EFL for Kids)