Teach English in Malaysia
We are looking for qualified and professional candidates who are committed and energetic to join us in the position of:
• Provide advisory support to the Education Partners and the School, with different focus areas within the programme.
• Work peripatetically with school leaders and teachers as a mentor and coach to develop their practices, skills and knowledge of effective pedagogy.
• Improve holistic learning and academic standards among teachers and students through improved teaching and learning methodologies.
• Maintain a high commitment to quality, a positive attitude, accountability and enthusiasm at all times.
• Relate, motivate, inspire and communicate effectively with others.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, with a recognised teaching qualification.
• At least 8–10 years’ teaching experience in the education sector and work experience as a Senior/Middle Leader or as an Education Advisor in schools.
• Experience in School Improvement Planning and its execution.
• Experience in designing, delivering and leading effective professional development programmes.
• A proven ability to relate, motivate, inspire and communicate effectively with others.
• Well-organised and proficient at scheduling, with excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity and a high level of emotional intelligence.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Competent and independent user of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Malaysia represents one of the world’s most exotic destinations for would-be EFL teachers. It’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, is a heady mix of soaring skyscrapers and fascinating temples and mosques; ultramodern shopping centers and Tudor-style buildings left over from British colonial days; hi-tech driver-less trains and charming rickshaws. The country is also blessed with a tropical climate, spectacular scenery and a rich cuisine. … Read More
The low cost of living in Malaysia means that an average EFL teacher’s salary of RM 4,000 (US$1,090) per month is more than sufficient for a comfortable standard of living. Like any other country, your ability to put money aside for travel and savings will largely depend upon your lifestyle. Eating only western food, buying western goods and going to tourist bars and clubs is, of course, more expensive than living as the locals do. … Read More
Strictly-speaking, applications for working visas should be made at a Malaysian Representative Office Abroad before entering the country. However, very few TEFL jobs in Malaysia are advertised internationally and employers would expect to be able to conduct an interview in person and consider your application carefully before offering you a position. The chances of you being able to secure a teaching post from outside the country are extremely low. … Read More