Teach English in India
Spectrum Consultants India Pvt Ltd (formerly known as Spectrum Placement & Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.) seeks Culture & Communication Specialists for a 1-year contract in Bangalore, India, to grow its current team. As a successful candidate you will work full-time as a Spectrum staff member within a Fortune 500 company’s training department. You will monitor quality of service calls (primarily with respect to Language) and deliver effective learning solutions for intercultural and language learning needs.
• Economy airfare to / from Bangalore
• Furnished, private accommodation
• Paid leave of 24 days, plus declared state holidays. Leave includes holiday and/or sick leave and accumulates at 2 days per month
• Contract completion incentive
• Comprehensive health insurance
• Pension scheme
• Daily round-trip transport between home and office
• Free meals at work
• Visa processing fee & subsidized vaccination costs for relocation
Orientation to Bangalore and the client company will be provided.
• TEFL qualification (SIT TESOL Certificate, UCLES CELTA, or equivalent)
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years ESL/EFL teaching experience
• Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness in a work environment
• Native-speaker (North America / UK) equivalent English language level
• Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office, and comfort level with learning new software (training / support provided)
• Strong work ethic, commitment to results, and desire to excel in a corporate environment
• Testing experience such as with BULATS, IELTS, OPI, etc a distinct advantage
• UCLES DELTA, MAT in ESOL, MA Applied Linguistics, or equivalents in intercultural training an advantage
• Corporate training / business experience a distinct advantage
Applicants with more experience and qualifications considered.
• Quality Assurance
o Monitor quality of technical support in terms of language and intercultural skills for phone calls, emails, and chat messaging.
o Develop quality monitoring plan in line with data on staff performance and consultation with managers.
o Keep accurate, up-to-date records.
o Use appropriate assessment tools (training provided where needed).
o Where appropriate identify staff for coaching, which typically takes place one-on-one or with small groups of up to 4 trainees.
o Assess needs in conjunction with key stakeholders and performance data, and define objectives and learning plan.
o Prepare coaching sessions in line with best practices for intercultural and language learning.
• Evaluate staff progress and complete all reporting requirements as needed.
• 5-day work week with night shifts.
• Position reports to on-site client manager.
Please send the following to [email protected]
• Cover letter
Interviews will occur over the phone, or depending on location of candidate in person.
References will be contacted (after notification of candidate). Original qualification documents will need to be produced.