Assistant Language Teacher (ALT- English Teacher) Needed in Japan

Teach English Abroad

Teach English in Japan

CITY: Gunma
START DATE: April 2015
SALARY: ¥230,000 / month (Tuesday – Saturday) – ¥240,000 / month (M- S)

CONTRACT PERIOD: Start April 2015 and ends March 2016.

SALARY: ¥230,000 / month (Tuesday – Saturday) – ¥240,000 / month (M- S)
Salary to be paid on the 10th of each month. Sundays & Mondays Off

RESIDENCE: Accommodation will be found for the applicant. No key money, modern tidy apartment. Teacher pays monthly rent of ¥52000 – ¥55,000 plus utilities, gas and power.

FURNITURE: washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, and futon provided.

WORKING HOURS: The Schedule will vary during the week so please be flexible and openminded. Classes range between 45 minutes – 50 minutes (including 10 minutes break between each class).

BA/BS: TESL/TEFL/CELTA or teaching certification. Applicants must be of sound mental and physical health. Applicants must not have a criminal record.

e-mail with CV/resume, degree, certifications, passport copy, cover letter, birthdate AND recent photo (photo less than a month old).

[email protected][email protected]

Teach English in Japan (General Information)

Japan is one of the most popular countries to teach English for many good reasons. It is the safest country in the world. Women should take precautions and try not to be alone at night, but for the most part, it is unlikely you will ever encounter serious trouble.

The food is fantastic. Japan is renowned for fresh seasonal ingredients from exotic vegetables to just-caught fish. No where in the world compares to the quality of food you can find in Japan. …  Read More

Teach English in Japan (Cost of Living)

For standard of living and potential to save money, Japan is still one of the best countries in the world to teach English. Until recently (2006), there was a government set minimum salary for teachers in Japan of 250,000 yen per month($2500). This rule is no longer strictly followed and some schools try to pay less for novice teachers. …  Read More

Teach English in  Japan (Visa Requirements)

In order to receive a work visa, you will first have to get hired. Your employer will help you fill out all the necessary paperwork and you will have to apply at a Japanese embassy. A bachelors University degree is required in order to receive a work visa. It doesn’t matter what subject you majored in. There are stories of teachers using fake degrees certificates bought online or in countries like Thailand, however I have never met anyone who has admitted to doing this. …  Read More

Interviews with English Teachers in Japan

Interview with Neil Mullens, teaching English in Japan

Interview with John Bardos, Teach English in Japan